Wednesday 15 August 2012

Glossy Box Double Whammy!

In the past few days I have received both my July Glossy Box (which was delivered to a neighbour while we were on holiday) and the August Box! Check out what I got in mine!
So first things first, we will start with the July Glossy Box!
Clynol Enrich Colour Shampoo - "A gentle shampoo with liquid jewel extract and UV filters to protect rich tones from fading" The idea of liquid jewel extract makes this product sound really luxurious (although how you extract liqidbut in general I don't really get too excited about shampoos, I still can't wait to give this a try though!
Monu Golden Glow - "This moisturising treatment for the face and body provides a safe, natural looking tan in just 3-5 hours" This is a great time for me to receive this product as it will give that perfect boost to my fading holiday tan!
Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Lotion SPF 15 - "This lightweight, oil free lotion helps protect skin from UVA/UVB rays and pollution as it provides hydration all day long" This was the product that excited me the most! It smells lovely and I can't wait to start using it!
Jelly Pong Pong Lip Frosting in 'Irish Cream Pavlova' - "A multifunctional cream gloss. Use on lips for a tint of colour or cheeks for a luminous glow" The packaging for this is really pretty but not something I have seen a product like this packaged in before, it smells very sweet and looks very pink and girly which I love!
HD Brows Eye & Brow Palette in 'Vamp' - "Give your eyes and brows beauty that lasts with this incredible all-in-one compact palette" I have seen other bloggers talk about having recieved HD Brows palettes through Glossy Box before and thought it was slightly odd that they would include the same product again but at the same time I was so happy to get one! The colours look really pigmented and there is a good range within the 4 colours!

The August Glossy Box was an 'International Superstars' Box inspired by the Olympics, I think this is a great idea as it will introduce you to products you are less likely to have heard of if they are from different beauty scenes! Here is what I got:
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil - "This revolutionary water-soluble cleanser is better than any other make-up remover you've ever tried" This is a really nice looking product with a bog claim! It will be interesting to see if it lives up to it!
Lipcote - "The original lipstick sealer and secret of long lasting, feather fade and water resistant lipstick" I can't wait to use this! Lipstick just does not stay on my lips, I don't know if I just eat it off or something but it is quite an annoying problem so Lipcote could be the answer!
Glossy Box Lipstick in Glossy Pink - "Professional beauty lipstick for soft and glamourous lips with a luminous, long lasting colour" This product broke my heart! I loved everything about it, the colour, the texture the scent! But when I went to put it on this morning... It snapped! And I was NOT being rough with it! So beware fellow Glossy Boxers this could be your fate too! (I am getting a little dramatic now!)
Alessandro Pro White - "Optically brightening effect nail polish with anti-yellowing formula for radiant white and gleaming nails" This was also a really good product to receive. I hate the look of stained nails! Working part time as a waitress I have to take off any nail varnish every weekend for work and the amount of times I turn up with stained yellow nails ashames me. Hopefully this will sort me out!
Vera Valenti L'ombre a Paupiere Margarita - "An eyeshadow palette offering a selection of ten different colours with an applicator included" I love that this palette has a good range of neutrals. The greens are nice too but I am very much a neutral gal in the eye department! The eyeshadows themselves are not the most pigmented but they are buildable.
All For Eve Eve's Balm - "Eve's balm is an easily absorbed recovery balm to nourish dry and chapped skin" I was also very happy to receive this. I will probably only use this on my lips but I love lip balms and I can never have enough!
I was really pleased with what I got in both my Glossy Boxes and  I can't wait till the next time! Glossy Box is a really good way of discovering and trying new things and I love the mystery of not knowing what you will get!
Which was your favourite product in these Glossy Boxes? Which box do you prefer?

Posted by Martha

5 comments:

  1. You just reminded me - I've not posted about my Natural Edition Glossybox I got earlier in the year!! It's been a while now but better late than never. Got some fab products in it (although admittedly they are still in the Glossybox!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I cancelled my glossybox after July's I feel they have become inconsistent and just don't listen to customers, and to me their boxes now just don't live up to the old ones.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I have no idea what a Glossy Box is but it sounds like a lot of fun! Do you know if there's an option to receive only natural products?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jelous I want a HD brows palette. They look awesome!. So cool!!

    ReplyDelete